Written By: June Bachman ~
4/2/2020 9:00:00 AM
Having a clear Social Media Marketing strategy is extremely important. The best place to begin with your upcoming plan is to first evaluate what's currently working … Your opportunities for improvements.
This five part series will help you audit, assess and analyze your existing Social Media Marketing strategy, so you can hit the ground with improvements! A Social Media audit will provide you with an overview of how well your selected channels, tools, target audiences, and overall efforts are working to support your Social Media goals and objectives.
Click here to read Annual Social Media Audit Part 1
Click here to read Annual Social Media Audit Part 2
Click here to read Annual Social Media Audit Part 3
Click here to read Annual Social Media Audit Part 4
Create Your Social Media Goals and Objectives
Now that you have compiled a comprehensive set of data, you're ready to review the data to determine where your opportunities exist for the coming year. Conducting a Social Media audit provides you with a better understanding of where you currently are with your efforts, and highlights where you can make improvements.
- Set your branding goals and objectives.
- Set goals for each channel regarding how to grow your audience, and your engagement.
- Set goals for adjusting your audience demographic if/as needed to further align your audience with your marketing demographic characteristics.
Ask Yourself ...
- What do you hope to gain by using social media? More clients? More sales? More partnerships?
- What techniques worked or failed?
- What should you change for the next year?
- Which social media site worked best and grew your social media presence?
- Which social media channels sent you the most traffic? Or, sent you the most sales?
- Which social media channels gave you the most engagement?
- Are you spending enough time each week to manage your Social Me